The power to defy.
Touted as the “next generation” of facial fillers, JUVÉDERM™ injectable gels gently smooth wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose and restore a youthful volume to the face. Made with hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body that works with collagen and elastin to provide volume and support to the skin, JUVÉDERM™ is especially effective on smile lines and “parentheses” (nasolabial folds) that run from the bottom of the nose to the sides of the mouth.
The treatment takes only 30 minutes with immediate results and no downtime. Results typically last about 9 months to a year.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC
Juvederm Voluma XC is the first FDA-approved filler to correct age related volume loss in the mid-face. Over time, cheeks lose volume and flatten.
Juvederm Voluma XC restores this volume, giving patients a more youthful appearance. It instantly provides a smooth, natural looking lift for the mid-face that lasts up to 2 years.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC
Juvederm Volbella XC adds fullness to the lips and softens the appearance of fine lines around the mouth.
When it comes to treating lines around the mouth, patients want a smooth-looking result. With Juvederm Volbella XC, there is now a solution available for patients bothered specifically by perioral lines. This smooth, gel formulation is made up of a naturally occurring sugar called HA (Hyaluronic Acid). The role of HA in the skin is to deliver nutrients and help the skin retain its moisture and softness. The results look smooth and natural.
Because of the unique way this hyaluronic acid filler is manufactured, Belotero has the ability to integrate with the tissues of your skin, providing volume and a more youthful shape to your face. It reduces lines and wrinkles while enhancing your own facial contours.
Belotero can be placed very superficially in the skin, making it one of our “go to fillers” for fine lines around the mouth. It can also be used to treat nasolabial folds (from the nose to the corners of the mouth), perioral lines, and marionette lines (from the corners of the mouth to the jaw).
The lips and the lines around the mouth, like other areas of the face, show signs of aging as you get older. Lips become thinner, losing their shape, and vertical lines can form around the lips. Restylane® Silk is designed to provide natural-looking results in these particular areas.
Everyone’s facial structure is different — and so is everyone’s ideal lip shape and size. Restylane® Silk is FDA-approved for subtle lip enhancement and for improvement in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older. Restore your smile and achieve your ideal lips with Restylane® Silk.
RADIESSE® for Hands
RADIESSE® is the first and only FDA approved filler that is used to help plump and restore volume to the back of the hands, giving them a more youthful appearance.
The nature and purpose of this procedure can vary from the correction of fine lines to moderate or severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). Fillers can also be used for lip augmentation, cheek augmentation, and in other areas that are sometimes considered “off-label”.
Who cannot have fillers?
You cannot have fillers if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, under 18, or have an allergy to any ingredient in the hyaluronic acid filler.
Please let our doctors know if you are allergic to any strains of bacteria or if you have an allergy to lidocaine, as you could have an allergic reaction to the filler. Fillers should not be injected while you have an active skin infection or inflammation in the treatment area.
Pre-/Post-Instructions for Fillers
- Avoid the following 2 weeks prior to your filler treatment as they can cause thinning of your blood and increase your chances of bruising:
- NSAIDS/Pain Relievers (such as ibuprofen, naproxen, etc), Prednisone, Aspirin, Coumadin or any other blood thinners.
- Supplements such as fish oil, vitamin E, garlic, ginko, glucosamine and St. John’s Wort.
However, if these medications were prescribed by a doctor, DO NOT stop your medication without permission from that health care provider.
- Avoid alcohol 48 hours prior to your filler appointment because it can thin your blood and possibly make bruising worse.
- Avoid having any dental procedures 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after your appointment.
- If you have a history of fever blisters, please inform our doctors as they will need to prescribe an antiviral medication for you prior to your procedure.
- To help with bruising you may purchase Arnica tablets from your pharmacy and start taking them 3 days before your procedure.
- Please remove all makeup before coming in for your appointment.
- Do not schedule injections two weeks before an important social or professional engagement due to the possibility of redness, swelling, or bruising from the procedure.
- You should not have any significant pain following the procedure (mild tenderness is normal). If you do have significant pain, please call our office at 985-727-7701.
- You may apply ice 3 times per day for 5-10 minutes within the first 48 hours to help with bruising.
- You may continue to take Arnica tablets and apply Arnica gel to the injection site to help with bruising.
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for 48 hours after the procedure.
- Do not massage the injected area.
- Avoid sun or heat exposure (including saunas or hot tubs) for 48 hours after the procedure.
- You can apply makeup later that evening and resume your normal skin care regimen.
Instructions for Hand Filler:
- Remove all jewelry prior to treatment and wait until any swelling has resolved to avoid compromise of finger circulation.
- Minimize strenuous activity and exposure of the treated area to the sun or heat for approximately 24 hours after treatment or until any initial swelling or redness goes away.
- After the treatment, keep your hands elevated on a pillow and apply ice packs 3 times per day for 5-10 minutes the first 48 hours to help with bruising.