The power to defy.
Touted as the “next generation” of facial fillers, JUVÉDERM™ injectable gels gently smooth wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose and restore a youthful volume to the face. Made with hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body that works with collagen and elastin to provide volume and support to the skin, JUVÉDERM™ is especially effective on smile lines and “parentheses” (nasolabial folds) that run from the bottom of the nose to the sides of the mouth.
The treatment takes only 30 minutes with immediate results and no downtime. Results typically last about 9 months to a year.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC
Juvederm Voluma XC is the first FDA-approved filler to correct age related volume loss in the mid-face. Over time, cheeks lose volume and flatten.
Juvederm Voluma XC restores this volume, giving patients a more youthful appearance. It instantly provides a smooth, natural looking lift for the mid-face that lasts up to 2 years.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC
Juvederm Volbella XC adds fullness to the lips and softens the appearance of fine lines around the mouth.
When it comes to treating lines around the mouth, patients want a smooth-looking result. With Juvederm Volbella XC, there is now a solution available for patients bothered specifically by perioral lines. This smooth, gel formulation is made up of a naturally occurring sugar called HA (Hyaluronic Acid). The role of HA in the skin is to deliver nutrients and help the skin retain its moisture and softness. The results look smooth and natural.
Because of the unique way this hyaluronic acid filler is manufactured, Belotero has the ability to integrate with the tissues of your skin, providing volume and a more youthful shape to your face. It reduces lines and wrinkles while enhancing your own facial contours.
Belotero can be placed very superficially in the skin, making it one of our “go to fillers” for fine lines around the mouth. It can also be used to treat nasolabial folds (from the nose to the corners of the mouth), perioral lines, and marionette lines (from the corners of the mouth to the jaw).
The lips and the lines around the mouth, like other areas of the face, show signs of aging as you get older. Lips become thinner, losing their shape, and vertical lines can form around the lips. Restylane® Silk is designed to provide natural-looking results in these particular areas.
Everyone’s facial structure is different — and so is everyone’s ideal lip shape and size. Restylane® Silk is FDA-approved for subtle lip enhancement and for improvement in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older. Restore your smile and achieve your ideal lips with Restylane® Silk.
RADIESSE® for Hands
RADIESSE® is the first and only FDA approved filler that is used to help plump and restore volume to the back of the hands, giving them a more youthful appearance.
The nature and purpose of this procedure can vary from the correction of fine lines to moderate or severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). Fillers can also be used for lip augmentation, cheek augmentation, and in other areas that are sometimes considered “off-label”.
Who cannot have fillers?
You cannot have fillers if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, under 18, or have an allergy to any ingredient in the hyaluronic acid filler.
Please let our doctors know if you are allergic to any strains of bacteria or if you have an allergy to lidocaine, as you could have an allergic reaction to the filler. Fillers should not be injected while you have an active skin infection or inflammation in the treatment area.
Pre-/Post-Instructions for Fillers
- Avoid the following 2 weeks prior to your filler treatment as they can cause thinning of your blood and increase your chances of bruising:
- NSAIDS/Pain Relievers (such as ibuprofen, naproxen, etc), Prednisone, Aspirin, Coumadin or any other blood thinners.
- Supplements such as fish oil, vitamin E, garlic, ginko, glucosamine and St. John’s Wort.
However, if these medications were prescribed by a doctor, DO NOT stop your medication without permission from that health care provider.
- Avoid alcohol 48 hours prior to your filler appointment because it can thin your blood and possibly make bruising worse.
- Avoid having any dental procedures 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after your appointment.
- If you have a history of fever blisters, please inform our doctors as they will need to prescribe an antiviral medication for you prior to your procedure.
- To help with bruising you may purchase Arnica tablets from your pharmacy and start taking them 3 days before your procedure.
- Please remove all makeup before coming in for your appointment.
- Do not schedule injections two weeks before an important social or professional engagement due to the possibility of redness, swelling, or bruising from the procedure.
- You should not have any significant pain following the procedure (mild tenderness is normal). If you do have significant pain, please call our office at 985-727-7701.
- You may apply ice 3 times per day for 5-10 minutes within the first 48 hours to help with bruising.
- You may continue to take Arnica tablets and apply Arnica gel to the injection site to help with bruising.
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for 48 hours after the procedure.
- Do not massage the injected area.
- Avoid sun or heat exposure (including saunas or hot tubs) for 48 hours after the procedure.
- You can apply makeup later that evening and resume your normal skin care regimen.
Instructions for Hand Filler:
- Remove all jewelry prior to treatment and wait until any swelling has resolved to avoid compromise of finger circulation.
- Minimize strenuous activity and exposure of the treated area to the sun or heat for approximately 24 hours after treatment or until any initial swelling or redness goes away.
- After the treatment, keep your hands elevated on a pillow and apply ice packs 3 times per day for 5-10 minutes the first 48 hours to help with bruising.
New Treatment For Submental Fullness, Or Double Chin.
Kybella™ (deoxycholic acid) is indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults.
What is submental fullness?
- Submental fullness, due to submental fat, sometimes referred to as “double chin,” is a common, yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition. It can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearance – leading to an older, heavier look.
- Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults and is not limited to people who are overweight. This condition can impact men or women of average weight and can be caused by aging, genetics and weight gain.
- According to a 2014 survey by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), over two thirds of consumers are bothered by submental fullness.
What is KYBELLA™ (Deoxycholic Acid) Injection?
- KYBELLA™ (deoxycholic acid) is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA™ is used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe submental fat in adults. The safe and effective use of KYBELLA™ for the treatment of subcutaneous fat outside the submental region has not been established and is not recommended.
How does KYBELLA™ work?
- KYBELLA™ is a non-human and non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- When injected into the subcutaneous fat, KYBELLA™ causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After aesthetic response is achieved, retreatment with KYBELLA™ is not expected. Due to its cytolytic activity, KYBELLA™ should not be injected into or in close proximity to vulnerable anatomic structures.
How is KYBELLA™ administered?
- KYBELLA™ is injected into the fat under the chin.
- Each in-office treatment session is typically 15-20 minutes.
- Most patients require anywhere from 2-4 treatments, up to 6 treatments spaced 6 weeks apart.
What are the side effects with KYBELLA™?
- The safety profile of KYBELLA™ is well characterized. Common side effects may include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and formation of small areas of firmness in the treatment area.
- KYBELLA™ injections can also cause tingling, nodules, itching, skin tightness, and headache. These side effects typically resolve on their own.
1. Do not schedule KYBELLA injections if you have an important event within the next 2 weeks.
2. Take 600mg of ibuprofen about 1 hour before your appointment.
3. Tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
• Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
• Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
• Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
• Have had or have trouble swallowing
• Have bleeding problems
• Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if KYBELLA will harm your unborn baby.
• Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if KYBELLA passes into your breast milk.
4. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including:
• Prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).
1. After the treatment, gently hold ice packs on the areas that are treated with KYBELLA for 10-15 minutes 3-4 times a day.
2. Treated areas may be red, inflamed, tender, and bruised for the first 1-2 weeks.
3. Swelling, numbness, and areas of hardness in the treated areas can last up to several weeks.
4. Resume all normal activities including exercise as long as it is comfortable for you.
5. Take ibuprofen if needed for discomfort after the treatment.
6. If bruising occurs, apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pinapple juice, and/or take Arnica supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
Remember to schedule your next appointment in 6-8 weeks. KYBELLA requires 2-6 sessions for optimal treatment.