Pre-/Post-Instructions for Fillers
- Avoid the following 2 weeks prior to your filler treatment as they can cause thinning of your blood and increase your chances of bruising:
- NSAIDS/Pain Relievers (such as ibuprofen, naproxen, etc), Prednisone, Aspirin, Coumadin or any other blood thinners.
- Supplements such as fish oil, vitamin E, garlic, ginko, glucosamine and St. John’s Wort.
However, if these medications were prescribed by a doctor, DO NOT stop your medication without permission from that health care provider.
- Avoid alcohol 48 hours prior to your filler appointment because it can thin your blood and possibly make bruising worse.
- Avoid having any dental procedures 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after your appointment.
- Do not schedule injections 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after being sick.
- Do not schedule injections 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after getting any type of vaccine.
- If you have had Covid or had your Covid vaccines please call the office to see when you can get your filler.
- If you have a history of fever blisters, please inform our doctors as they will need to prescribe an antiviral medication for you prior to your procedure.
- To help with bruising you may purchase Arnica tablets from your pharmacy and start taking them 3 days before your procedure. You can also purchase Revision Skincare Vitamin K from our office and start using it 3 days before your procedure.
- Please remove all makeup before coming in for your appointment.
- Do not schedule injections two weeks before an important social or professional engagement due to the possibility of redness, swelling, or bruising from the procedure.
- You should not have any significant pain following the procedure (mild tenderness is normal). If you do have significant pain, please call our office at 985-727-7701.
- You may apply ice 3 times per day for 5-10 minutes within the first 48 hours to help with bruising.
- You may continue to take Arnica tablets and apply Arnica gel or Revision Skincare Vitamin K to the injection site to help with bruising.
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for 48 hours after the procedure.
- Do not massage the injected area.
- Avoid sun or heat exposure (including saunas or hot tubs) for 48 hours after the procedure.
- You can apply makeup later that evening and resume your normal skin care regimen.
Instructions for Hand Filler:
- Remove all jewelry prior to treatment and wait until any swelling has resolved to avoid compromise of finger circulation.
- Minimize strenuous activity and exposure of the treated area to the sun or heat for approximately 24 hours after treatment or until any initial swelling or redness goes away.
- After the treatment, keep your hands elevated on a pillow and apply ice packs 3 times per day for 5-10 minutes the first 48 hours to help with bruising.