What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion involves removing the damaged outer layer of skin to reveal the healthy complexion hiding underneath. It’s an effective, non-surgical way to address many common skin issues – including fine lines, large pores, acne scarring, wrinkles and more.
The DiamondTome wand gently polishes the target area with natural diamond chips. A vacuum then suctions away dead skin cells, dirt and oil, encouraging the growth of fresh collagen while simultaneously revealing a smoother and brighter appearance.
Why is the DiamondTome Microdermabrasion system different?
Traditional microdermabrasion treatments use tiny crystals – rather than diamonds – to remove the outer layer of skin. While these treatments are effective, they also have their drawbacks. For one, the crystals can be highly abrasive and create inflammation and heat on the skin. If patients already suffer from inflammatory skin conditions, like acne or rosacea, this approach could actually make the condition worse.
The newest microdermabrasion treatment uses diamonds to abrade the skin instead. They are superior to the crystal-based method in a number of ways:
- Enhanced results.Microdermabrasion with diamonds is gentle yet still delivers enhanced results, polishing the skin and clearing away dead cells.
- The coarseness of the diamonds can be adjusted to offer a gentle or more aggressive treatment, depending on your sensitivity and skin condition.
- Gentle approach.Unlike microdermabrasion with crystals, the diamond tipped wand doesn’t cause heat or inflammation on the skin.
- No downtime.There’s no downtime associated with the DiamondTome wand, with most patients only reporting minor redness shortly after their treatment.
What skin conditions can be treated?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Age spots
- Acne scarring
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Oily skin
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
- Poor skin texture and tone
What is the Microdermabrasion Treatment Like?
The treatment does not hurt and many compare the sensation of the procedure to the rough lick of a cat’s tongue. Treatment with our diamond tipped face wands are considered “lunch hour” procedures. They take about 25 to 45 minutes, and you will be able to return to work and your normal daily activities right away.
What is the Recovery Period Like Following Microdermabrasion?
You may appear slightly flushed and red in the treatment area right after your appointment, though these effects should disappear within half an hour. You’ll need to wear sunscreen and avoid direct sun exposure for several days to protect your skin, which will be more sensitive and susceptible to damage immediately following this procedure.
What Kind of Results Can I Expect from Microdermabrasion?
In terms of results, many patients see a visible improvement after their very first treatment. However, for longer-lasting and more significant changes, you will probably require about eight sessions spaced a couple of weeks apart, and then maintenance visits every couple of months moving forward.